Idaho Steelheads Swim Upstream in ECHL Mountain Division
The Idaho Steelheads moved to within five points of the Colorado Eagles in the Mountain Division of the ECHL with an unlikely three game sweep of Colorado in Loveland. That hasn't happened since the 2012 season!
Now the Steelies and Eagles get to do it all over again but this time in Boise. The Steelheads host Colorado Wednesday, Friday and Saturday all part of a six game super series that could easily swing the divisional pendulum.
Colorado is 31-12-4 and Idaho 28-15-4 and just 5pts apart at 67-62.
Here now some key player and team notes as the Steelheads set up for a long, tough week of hockey at Century Link arena.
- F Jefferson Dahl ranks third on Idaho’s all-time ECHL scoring list with 199 points.
- F Steve McParland has five goals and 12 points in his last 12 games.
- F Justin Parizek is on a five-game points streak (3-4-7)
- F Henrik Samuelsson has a four-game points streak (1-5-6)
- F Brady Brassart has five goals in his last eight games.
- G Ryan Faragher stopped all eight shootout attempts he faced on Friday night.
- The Steelheads have won five of their last six games.
- The Steelheads earned a three-game sweep in Colorado for the first time since October 2012.
- The Steelheads have overcome deficits of two goals or more to win six times this season.
- Idaho is the only team to win twice in regulation in Colorado this season.
- The Steelheads’ eight-round shootout on Friday was their longest of the season.
- Idaho has a plus-19 goal-differential in second periods.